Blakeman Transportation, Inc. provides customized supply chain solutions for Fortune 500 Companies as well as for the private entrepreneur.
Our goal is to assist our customers in creating the most cost effective and efficient supply chain possible.
With a staff of over 50 experienced and dedicated professionals, Blakeman Transportation will provide you with a level of Customer Service and Communication that only BTI can deliver.
Food Safety Transport and Distribution Procedures:
Facility design and condition are the responsibility of the Consignor and Consignee.
- Carriers will report Sanitary and/or Temperature Control conditions that would compromise Food Safety to Blakeman Transportation immediately.
- Specific Delivery instructions are the responsibility of the Consignor and must be conveyed through written means within the Bills of Lading that accompanies each shipment.
- Food Safety instructions such as the Shipment’s Set Temperature, Shipment Preparation, Handling procedures, and Shipment identification all must be communicated within the BOL (Bills of Lading) by the Consignor.
- Carriers are to report deviations and are held responsible for maintaining Shipment Instructions until delivery is made.
It is the responsibility of the Consignor to tender the shipment at proper Food Safety Temperatures and Condition to ensure that the quality and safety of the commodity shipped is maintained. Each Trailer’s condition must be documented and evaluated for cleanliness and a Food Safety check performed by the Consignor before loading. All trailers must be at 30 degrees F at time of loading and must exhibit the ability to draw down and maintain 0 degrees F Internal trailer air temperatures are recorded via refrigeration unit history recorder.
- If in-transit temperatures are to be documented, Consignor must provide necessary recording methods.
- Co-Mingling of Food Products and restrictions are made with Food Safety in mind; it is the responsibility of the Consignor to establish additional guidelines to restrict the mixing food stuffs.
Security of each shipment, during transit is the responsibility of the Carrier.
- Padlocks are used to ensure the integrity and security of each shipment. Consignor provided security seals, applied at time of shipment maybe used on Full Truck load (FTL) Shipments only.
Blakeman Transportation maintains a staff of “lost control” professionals that respond to any and all events that would prevent the successful delivery of each shipment. Communication from Carriers and collaboration with our customers (shipper/consignor,consignee) is managed to prevent any Food Safety or Customer Service failure during transit.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.